Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thing 21--Podcasts and the Sound of One Hand Clapping

Okay, I don't know what I did wrong. I tried all 3 of the podcast searching tools and only got some positive results from Podcastalley. I used it to subscribe to the Adam & Joe Show on XFM (2 ridiculous British DJs who crack me up) and a book review podcast called Booklog that seems pretty interesting. So far, I haven't been able to listen to either. Perhaps I did something wrong. (Or maybe I'll just stick with iTunes; not to be snotty, but never had a problem.)

I'm too tired to try to build my own podcast now, but I definitely will want to later (I did mention the narcissism didn't I?) But I did look at the libraries using podcasts on Merlin and was way impressed. Okay, the LibVibe Library news seemed a little self indulgent, but stories for kids, book reviews, and seminars and classes via podcasts...brilliant. And Westerville blew me away, not just because they have a nice, clean Site, but the podcasts, the use of video to show customers how to download audiobooks, the RSS feeds, and the various blogs. Man, we have some catching up to do.

No comments: