Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thing 19--Web 2.0 Awards...And the winner is...

Reader2 Okay, so it was only an honorable mention and not a winner. It is a place to keep track of your reading list and find new books. I like Reader2, not as much as The Library Thing, but I will explore it more.

You don't actually have to log in to Reader2 to get some of its advantages (which is good because I haven't decided if I want to join it yet). I like it's "What To Read Next/Find Similar Books" search tool (even though the first two titles I put in produced no results). I also like the "Go To Book List" but couldn't figure out how this list was compiled (that made me a little nervous). It could be a really helpful readers' advisory tool, but it may still need time to grow. The question is: Do I (or does anyone) have the time to help grow it and The Library Thing and any other similar sites?

I think there's a lot of repetition in some of these tools, and I, like most people, don't have that much time to play or explore. So I think we are all looking for simple, fast, one-stop shopping. That's probably why Google is still everyone's first search engine.

No comments: