Friday, November 16, 2007

Thing 14: Technorati-Am I Doing This Right?

Okay, so I'm all "claimed" now on Technorati, but what does it mean? Can the blogosphere be contained (or at the very least systematically navigated)? The most interesting parts of exploring Technorati, at least for me, were these issues of containment, navigation, and structure. Technorati seems noble to want to make a dent in this Borg cube of blogs (sorry, my geek is showing). I found their outcry for a "tagged Web" and a "real-time Web" intriguing, but can it be done? The freedom the Web has brought is beautiful, but it also feels a little like anarchy to me. Maybe I just need to step away and eat dinner.

On a lighter note, I was also intrigued by the fact that the top blogs on Technorati mainly relate to technology, but the top searches seem more often to be about celebrity. Ah, Humans! Only one more Technorati concern and then I'll leave it be for a while: Do I add del.icio.us to my Technorati Favorites or do I bookmark Technorati with del.icio.us?

No comments: